Friday, February 8, 2013

Jibber-Jabber Mini-Review: Plays by Young Writers

I attended Playwrights Project's Plays by Young Writers this evening at the Lyceum, and may I just say...wow. I was very impressed by the caliber of the writing and the complexity of the subjects covered; if I didn't know better, I'd refuse to believe these pieces were written by kids. Even the two staged readings had me hooked. All five of the pieces were tight, brilliantly structured, imaginative, and clever. Some made me laugh (quite a bit!) and others jerked at my heartstrings. Overall it was a fantastic experience and I can't recommend the show highly enough. There are only two more chances to catch this particular round of pieces, but this is a regularly recurring event thanks to the tireless staff at Playwrights Project. You can find out more about this program and others at the Playwrights Project website.

No comments:

Post a Comment